Floating Shelf Bracket – Create Modern Floating ShelvesRight On Bracket Floating Shelf Brackets are perfect for creating modern floating shelves. Once the bracket is installed it’s invisible behind the back of the shelf. Our flat dowel design delivers an easier installation process compared to a round dowel design. The flat dowels will fit into round installation holes, giving you some room for error when a round hole dowel must be perfect. The flat bars will still provide a stable hold without any movement. Weight limit of our brackets with a solid flat dowel is higher vs. a round hollow bar. A hollow bar can bend or break. Custom measurements in the length and height can be specified above. Each floating bracket is made with exact measurements These brackets are a great addition to any home, condo, apartment, or office building!
- Will support floating shelves with 7″ to 12″ in depth with a thickness of 1.5″ to 6″.
- Mounting plate (back of bracket) is 1-1/4 wide x 3/16″ thick.
- Flat bar rods are 6″ long x 1/2″ thick.
- 7″ – 12″ deep.
- 1/5″ – 6″ thick.
- Brackets 10″ – 30″ : 2 bars
- Brackets 34″ – 46″ : 3 bars
- Brackets 50″ – 58″ : 4 bars
- Brackets 70″ – 78″ : 5 bars
- Brackets 10″ – 30″ : 100 Pounds
- Brackets 34″ – 46″ : 150 Pounds
- Brackets 50″ – 58″ : 200 Pounds
- Brackets 70″ – 78″ : 250 Pounds
- Note: Weight limits are based on a Licensed Professional contractor installing them properly into wood blocking or studs. Drywall anchors WILL NOT hold the same weight.
- If the bracket is mounted with only drywall anchors, assume 10 lbs per flat bar. (Using drywall anchors exclusively, only works well for shelves no deeper than 6″. Any deeper and they will likely pull out.) If you do plan to use only drywall anchors, We recommend using Drywall Toggles instead. A good brand we recommend is TOGGLER from Lowes.
- Mounting holes are 1/4″ in diameter.
- Mounting holes are 1″ from the end of the bracket and have a 4″ separation between each other,
- If the holes don’t line up with your studs, drill another 1/4″ to correctly line up with your studs.
- Hardware Not Included. Recommending #12 wood screws 1.5″ long.
- Make sure your order brackets slightly shorter in width compared to your shelves.
- Use a 1/2″ drill bit when drilling holes into your shelf.
- Pre-mark your drilling holes. Flat bars will allow some room for error, but check twice drill once.
- Mount brackets into studs or a stable wood material. Drywall will not produce a stable hold.
- Floating Shelf Brackets are clear coated to be weatherproof for an inside or outside application.
- Brackets are American made and tested for quality before shipment.
- Due to the several variations we offer, some brackets are made-to-order.
- Are you concerned about the weight capacity? Checkout our Heavy Duty Floating Shelf Brackets.